Monday, March 7, 2011

Menu Planning Monday



What a week we had. On Monday my father in law passed away. He was almost 96 years old. So, on Friday we traveled to California to attend the funeral. Amazingly, with all the craziness of the week, we were able to stick to our menu plan. I made every single one of the dishes. My favorite was the sweet pork tacos with cilantro lime slaw. Yum! Yum! Yum!

I am so exhausted by last week that it was hard for me to decide what to cook this week. Making an effort to cook doesn't even sound appealing. However, I know that my family really needs and deserves healthy meals. So do I. So, I will press on and do my best.

I am doing a Costco run, so I may end up buying some premade fresh meals. But, we shall see.

Monday: leftover cranberry chicken
Tuesday: tortellini shrimp caesar salad
Wednesday: spaghetti squash with meatballs
Thursday: temple night (dinner in cafeteria) hot dogs for kids
Friday: Anna's birthday party (probably a pizza night)
Saturday: date night
Sunday: bbq chicken and steak

Don't forget to check out organizing junkie for hundreds of menu ideas.

No comments: