Monday, August 16, 2010

Menu Planning Monday



Last week I was extremely grateful for our menu. Now I can't imagine life without doing a menu plan. School started on Wednesday and it was a hectic few days getting back into the groove. I made breakfast on the first day of school. I found the
Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes to be delicious. I have yet to find a recipe that is all whole wheat that I like. This one was half whole wheat and half white flour. They cooked up great.

We really enjoyed the White chili with ground turkey . It was different than any I'd ever made. Too bad in was 110 degrees outside. We probably won't have it again for a few months.

Yesterday we had a going away dinner for my son who is headed to college this week. I ended up making two kinds of lasagna and they were a big hit. Our favorite was the chicken lasagna which I will make again this week.

Monday: BBQ with friends
Tuesday: chicken lasagna
Wednesday: salsa chicken and ranch florentine tostadas
Thursday: ground turkey with bell peppers
Friday: Family dinner out
Saturday: Date night
Sunday: Crock pot pork roast


Don't forget to check out all the great menu ideas at Organizing Junkie.

1 comment:

Miller Family said...

It's another week of not cooking for me, seems like there's been a lot of those lately, but I'll have lots of choices when I get back. See ua soon. J