Sunday, August 21, 2011

Menu Planning Monday


Well, the week went fairly well. I started exercising on Monday, and by Wednesday, my back was hurting something fierce, so I was down for the next 3 days. I'm not sure when I will get back to running, but I hope it's soon. I got an app on my ipod that takes you from the couch to a 5k in 8 weeks, running just 3 times a week. Now, I have run several 5k's before, but it's been a while and I've put some weight back on, and I am pretty slow.

I was so excited that my family liked the white quinoa meat loaf. It was a gamble, but it paid off. It's actually the only recipe I stuck to. But, that's okay, we sometimes have weeks like that. However, we always manage to find food somehow.

I've really been looking around for healthier meals. I got a few cooking light magazines and a new book by Rocco Dispirito where he takes really fattening meals and makes them much more healthy. I am going to try a few this week.

Monday: cheese ravioli with pesto and pine nuts
Tuesday: chicken fajitas
Wednesday: lemon pepper shrimp
Thursday: leftovers
Friday: turkey burgers
Saturday:date night
Sunday:BBQ

Don't forget to check out organizing junkie for hundreds of menu ideas.

No comments: