Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easier or Harder?

Today I did my second five mile run. I knocked 3 minutes off my previous attempt. I did it in an hour and five minutes. My fifth mile was actually my fastest at 12:38. It was easier this time. My knees and hip ache a little, but I feel good while I'm running. I felt pretty tired for the rest of the day. It's interesting how easy 3 miles seems now. I don't know that 5 will ever feel that way, but we'll see. I don't know how often I'll push myself that far. I'm getting close to 10K length, though, and that might push me onward for more.

However, I find my weight loss is getting harder. Mainly because I don't feel as driven as I did in the beginning. I look and feel so different now. (I promise to post a picture in the next week)
I just bought a pair of shorts in a size 6. (Down from size 18) I find that now I tend to put extra in my mouth, or slack off on my exercise. In talking to my health coach yesterday, I was reminded that this is my life. This is my health. It is something I have to work on every day of my life. If I don't care about it, who will? There will always be good and bad choices around me. I just have to make more good ones than bad. I really don't want to sabatoge myself and fool myself into thinking that this weight is okay for me. It's not the healthiest place for me to be. I have 26 more pounds to lose to reach my goal. I know it will be slower, but I need to make sure I don't slow it down more than necessary. I am going to finish this goal and continue on this journey and pass it on.

My desire is to help those who want better health. If I can do it, anyone can.

No comments: