Monday, May 10, 2010

Menu Planning Monday



Lasts weeks new meal was the Whole Wheat Penne Pasta with Chicken and Veggies. The family was happy with it. I tend to do things more simply. It probably would turn out better if I went to the work of using a whole chickent and so forth, but I opted for frozen, pre-cooked chicken and so I had to add butter to make the gravy. All in all it was a success. We had a wonderful barbeque for Mother's Day. Thanks to my husband, the grill master. It was greatly appreciated. My mom was here and made a corn and black bean salad. Yum. I will try to get the recipe on my other blog after I upload pictures.


My mom took me to Costco and I was able to fill my freezers with lots of fun food. So, we will be utilizing those timesavers for our menus this week. As we get closer to the end of school (2 1/2 weeks) and my son's graduation, things will be crazy, and I know I need to be stocked and keep it simple.


Monday: shredded beef and chicken fajitas


Tuesday: Mother/Daughter dinner at church (boys are on their own)


Wednesday: Chicken and cheese ravioli


Thursday: lemon butter cod filets (I will use tilapia or mahi)


Friday: shredded pork (canned last year)


Saturday: barbeque at Nathan's gymnastics banquet


Sunday: turkey and potatoes

Check out organizing junkie for tons or recipes.

No comments: