Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The end of a decade

For the first time in more than 10 years I weigh in the 170's. This morning I was 179.6. Could you hear me scream from where you live? It was a good one. I am finally gaining confidence that I will succeed in reaching my goal weight and keeping it off forever. The fearful thoughts have left me. I am so grateful to have been led to this program that is giving me back my health and my body. My family will be grateful. This year I was able to go sledding for the first time in 9 years. Next year I will get to go skiing. Did I mention how grateful I am? My hope is that my children will never have to go through the experience of losing an entire person in body weight. I want them to choose a healthy lifestyle. My next goal is to shoot for being in the 160's by Valentine's Day. I lifted weights this morning and did crunches on the exercise ball and ended with 3 sets of planks for 10 seconds each with my feet on the exercise ball. It's hard to imagine that in the near future, my gut could be gone. I can't look too far ahead, though. I am going to savor this little victory.

No comments: