Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The scale, friend or foe

I have an addiction to the scale. I'm not sure when it began. I don't think when you are fat that you spend your days standing on the scale. In fact, most fat people don't even know how much they weigh. I have always known. Through this current weight loss, I step on the scale every single day. Sometimes 3-5 times a day. It shows me what my body is doing at different times of the day. I always weigh the least right after I exercise.

These last two weeks have been interesting. I have lost 8 pounds. However only 1 pound came off in the last week. So, imagine the frustration I endure as I step on that scale day after day. I always have to look back to gain perspective. That is why they recommend that you only weigh yourself once a week. I'm not sure how to break myself of this habit. Any ideas?

1 comment:

Suz said...

Wait... I know! Only weigh yourself every other day at first... then every third day! Maybe then you can work up to only once a week. You try it! Let me know if it works and then I'll follow! :) heheh