Sunday, January 24, 2010

Menu Plan Monday (and a surprise)

Before I get to my weekly menu, lots of people having been asking for me to do this. I am posting a before and after photo. This first photo is from June 2009. The second is from January 24, 2010. I began my weight loss program on October 8. So, these are the results from 3 1/2 months of work.


Before, 220 pounds

After, half way to my goal, 173 pounds
I don't know how to put the pictures side by side.

Last week the boys loved the tortilla soup. The salmon was a huge hit, since I found the recipe at the last minute. I am usually too lazy to marinate my meat, but it was soooo worth it. I didn't have any soy sauce so I substituted Bragg Amino Acid Seasoning. My family totally raved about it. I served it with zucchini sauteed in the Bragg Seasoning and topped it with Mrs. Dash.

Monday: Crock Pot Roast
I can't eat beef, so I will be having a turkey burger

Tuesday: Crockpot Chicken and Brown Rice Casserole
I will be omitting the mushrooms.

Wednesday: French Dip Sandwiches I won't be making the rolls.
I'll be eating another turkey burger. I wrap it in iceburg lettuce.

Thursday: spaghetti and meatballs

Friday: tacos

Saturday: Nathan's gymnastics meet (I"ll get a chicken caesar from somewhere)
Head on over to organizing junkie to see hundreds of other menu ideas.

1 comment:

Sister Miller said...

You look great! I wish I was seeing you in real life though, instead of a picture. We are having that tortilla soup this Thursday and I don't know how to make the spagetti squash. You can fill me in. Here's to another good week. Love ya, J
And today I'm not Kayla, sorry.