Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Easy does it

I've only been able to get outside and run once a week for the last 3 weeks. The other 2 running days have been on the treadmill. Today was beautiful and my hands were only cold for about 1 1/4 miles.
I decided I was going to take it at an easy pace today and go for distance instead of speed. It is so funny to me that I even have an easy pace. Not long ago, any pace was hard. It was a great run. I went 5 miles. I have never done that. I was actually smiling during the 5th mile. Probably becuase I was walking part of it. It's amazing how free I feel when I am running.
Alright, I'm done gushing. Here are my lap times:

Mile 1-13:27 (running)
Mile 2-13:54 (running) total 27:21
Mile 3-13:44 (running) total 41:06
Mile 4-13:26 (running) total 54:33
Mile 5-13:47 (running/walking) total 1:08:21

I'm speechless. How about you?

1 comment:

Miller Family said...

5 miles. You rock girl. I prefer distance over speed. I think Ally got Dad's speed genes. But there's nothing like the feeling of being free and enjoying a run. Love it! J