Saturday, February 20, 2010

Temptations

There are temptations everywhere. It has been almost 2 months since I really gave into strong temptations. That was when I ate the Christmas toffee...for 5 days. I was surrounded by great food and lots of desserts last weekend. They didn't even phase me. I never felt tempted.

Well, tonight we ate at a very nice restaurant. With all the tempting food, I chose a shrimp caesar salad. It was fantastic, by the way. Anyway, Orson and Katie both got desserts as part of their dinner deal. And all of a sudden, I was tempted. It also didn't help that Katie doesn't like chocolate and there was this beautiful mousse inside a chocolate cup. I was sooooo tempted. So, you know what. I gave into temptation. And guess what, I'm okay. It was totally worth it! I know I won't see a loss on the scale tomorrow (oh, I am not weighing until Monday), but I also don't feel any real desire to gorge myself like crazy. I ate it and felt satisfied. It will probably be another couple of months before I want to stray again. One day, I will be at my goal weight, and I will occasionally eat lavish foods. I may learn control after all.

Here's hoping!

No comments: