Monday, February 22, 2010

Overabundance

Today I was putting my clothes away and I realized how different my closet looks. No longer are there 6 different sizes of clothing crammed into every nook and cranny.

Being overweight comes from an overabundance of food. It seems as though that overabundance creeps into all areas of life. Many people who deal with clutter also deal with weight issues. I know that there are skinny clutterbugs and heavy neat freaks, but I think they are probably the exception.

So many times you buy clothes to make you feel better about yourself. The feeling is short lived, however, because it is a quick fix. Now that I am doing something about it, I only have clothing that actually fits me in my closet. I also keep a small amount because I am constantly dropping to a smaller size. In the beginning of this journey, I was wearing a size 18/20 in pants, and a 1x/2x shirt. Now I am in a size 10 pants, and medium shirts. What a difference 4 1/2 months has made.

It is truly making me look at other areas of my life that may have an overabundance. One day, my office may not have an overabundance of papers. But, not today!

By the way, todays weight is 164.2. This is surreal.

No comments: