Sunday, February 7, 2010

Menu Planning Monday



Last week's chicken and spinach stuffed shells was a big hit. Even my pickiest eater, who usually doesn't eat any sauce on her pasta said it was delicious. Of course, I didn't have any and I'm not sure if when I am in maintenance that I would want to eat something with 2 bars of cream cheese in it. I may have to come up with an alternative. Or, simply eat only one shell and a huge salad. I'll worry about that when I get there.

This week I am leaving town on Friday and not returning till Monday, so I won't be planning all the meals because I know my family will do their own thing while I'm gone. I am also going to be planning next week's menu and setting it up to post before I get back, so I won't be able to report on this weeks successes.

This is 3 weeks in a row for me and I'm excited. We never got to the tilapia and I changed Sunday dinner to chicken, so you may see some repeats.


Monday: Baked tilapia

Tuesday: chicken pot pie (recipe at the end)

Wednesday: Spaghetti squash with meatballs

Thursday: tacos

Friday-Monday: Good luck family!

Chicken Pot Pie

1 pkg. pilsbury pie crust

3 cups diced chicken

14 oz. pkg. frozen veggies (I use peas and corn)

2 cans cream of chicken soup


Thaw veggies under water in strainer

Combine chicken and soup, then add veggies

Place one pie crust in pie pan

Pour filling into unbaked crust

Place other crust on top

Make slits in crust

Brush with beaten egg yolk (opt.)

Bake at 375 for 35-45 min.

Check out more recipes at Organizing Junkie

1 comment:

Miller Family said...

I never got to the Spagetti shells last week. Now that I think about the 2 bars of cream cheese, I'm not sure about it. I'll let you know. Thanks for the menu ideas. Have a great week. Love you, J